Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- The majority of city police forces seem to prove the point of the protests on a daily basis. The cops are acting li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 55 minutes ago
- Adding this bike cop to my list of.people I am for-sure gonna hit in the stomach. twitter.com/VicStoddard/st…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 2 hours ago
- RT @skrishna: If you all need a moment of joy this morning, the kid ventured out into his first rain storm last night: https://t.co/h03n5e7…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 17 hours ago
- RT @_peterpanne: Thank you to the people working #seattleprotestcomms and #seattlescanners your work is needed and appreciated!!! https://t…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 22 hours ago
- My reminded me of the drop today. #RTJ4 really smoked me. It is SO good. twitter.com/therealelp/sta…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 22 hours ago