Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- Having requested feedback a month ago, with nothing returned, I went ahead and approved a project. 15min later I ge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 8 hours ago
- I'm convinced that sports drink companies could sell half-full bottles as the perfect amount for kids. "SomeOfItAde… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 9 hours ago
- Losing my GD mind over this. Buying so much garlic today. twitter.com/VPestilenZ/sta…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 9 hours ago
- RT @70s_party: Decorate the ham, baby https://t.co/DQ7kohx7Xx-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 21 hours ago
- Voting = Socialism. Got it. #ThisFuckingTurtlefacedClownTurs twitter.com/resistbot/stat…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 23 hours ago