Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- RT @jowrotethis: So what if you’re not that thing. You’re something else. And that something else is great, too.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 11 hours ago
- RT @bestcataccount: Having a bad day? Here's a fat cat running https://t.co/1dDex4IufN-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 12 hours ago
- Cryin' ovah heeaah... twitter.com/Mr_DrinksOnMe/…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 13 hours ago
- GawtDANG this Monday is shovel-punching me, I gotta get some HOLD UP... okay just click on this for laaaterrrrr.... twitter.com/EAStarWars/sta…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 13 hours ago
- Just a reminder that every celebratory "No Collusion!" tweet is 80/20 trolling/wow-I-am-astounded!-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 14 hours ago