Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- I vote we draft phonebook delivery people into an elite strike force. I never see them or hear them, not even when… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 2 days ago
- RT @PetrickSara: In this house we do lazy summers. We do sleeping in, and staying up late. We do “go outside and play” and too much screen…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 days ago
- RT @perlmutations: You back a muthafucka that was installed by our sworn enemy. You are ok with America becoming a russian suburb. You like…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 days ago
- I think we have missed a great chance and separating the Trump family from itself. Everyone in different places.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 4 days ago
- Not only a great message about life and achieving by producing good things, but also a glimpse of an other-than-sto… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 5 days ago