Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- RT @toddism: Roy Moore's wife has such nice blonde hair, why does she dye the roots brown? #AlabamaSenateElection #RoyMoore #trumpvoters-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 18 hours ago
- If Roy Moore were interviewing for a job instead of being up for a public vote, a single, reasonable person would i… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 18 hours ago
- Come on, Alabama... We believe in the (good people among) you!-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 22 hours ago
- RT @robdelaney: Good morning #Alabama! Here’s how to vote for @GDouglasJones today. Find polling locations, get a ride to vote, what ID to…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago
- You have until FRIDAY Dec15 to sign up for Health Insurance or pay the minimum $695 penalty for not paying monthly… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago