Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- RT @SethMacFarlane: Should be front-page news. twitter.com/NASA/status/11…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 8 hours ago
- This is the final and only response to the elevator charge. twitter.com/audipenny/stat…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 8 hours ago
- I’m not following any diet app unless it has a setting to give you back calories if the eating plan gives you diarr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 8 hours ago
- And then me: 😂 twitter.com/KetoHiking/sta…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 8 hours ago
- This is the only tweet that matters today. twitter.com/BonezByke/stat…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 10 hours ago