Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- I hate calling co-workers the MF but hey it's 5 o'clock somewhere. #coworking #conferencecall #Careeradvice-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 hours ago
- A 2nd grader called my Kindergartner "fat," & he handled it by saying "you're not my friend, you're too ugly." #TheComebackKid-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 hours ago
- *stands, applauds, walks up to rep, asks "And your reply, sir"?* #HealthForAll twitter.com/funder/status/…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 7 hours ago
- I want to thank all of the people who follow this account. If anybody knows how I can rescue my wife from PlantsVsZombies addiction, DM me.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 19 hours ago
- Just because I didn't #FacebookLive it, doesn't mean your kid didn't throw mud at 2 other kids who then kicked his ass. #iParent #soccer-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 19 hours ago