Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- Trying to get an Rx filled: Doctor call, 2min Insurance call, 38min to be xferred to a recording that they’re close… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 hour ago
- The rifle is #2A. The rest is security shielding projected around a core of paranoia and perceived marginalization. twitter.com/JensenKarp/sta…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 hour ago
- RT @bcondotta: Nice to see Seahawks legend Jerry Rice getting some pub.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 4 hours ago
- I have a reward for the dog owner who left their dog’s full-grown adult male-sized turd on the #LWHS football field… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 4 hours ago
- RT @AndrewSleighter: I’ve never “compared the active ingredients to the leading brand” more closely than when I bought 7-11 brand medicine.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 4 hours ago