Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- Owner of 3D gun printing company accused of sexual assault of a child @CNN cnn.it/2NqLL8T // Piece of shit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago
- Walker Texas Ranger: A Chuck Norris show, and a guide for White couples to name their kids or dogs. #parenting #babynames-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago
- RT @ida_skibenes: To all American women, If you vote republican this November, you are voting for a party that: - Does not respect your b…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago
- RT @brunello4me: @robbysoave @MaulofAmerica i agree with the premise but as a man do you think you can honestly empathize with a woman in t…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago
- There’s no possible way this is good, and we will all get some weird Kafka texts from this attention pig. twitter.com/splinter_news/…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 1 day ago