Yesterday’s sermon at church was pretty great, from what I got. Often I am distracted during service in a way that can only be noted as “other Christians bugging me.” This time it was the lady in front of me and her tic. She had either a nervous condition or the world’s worst throat-tickle.
Two short coughs followed by 2-5 low-volume throat clearings. For an hour. For an entire hour. The only time she did not do this was when she was rummaging through her purse near the end of the service, which made me realize this is just a nervous condition.
And the thoughts that went through my head while this went on were exactly those that made me feel as if I needed more church in my hours. Far, far away from that throat leper.
- Follow Geoff Lott – Comedy And More on WordPress.com
- RT @toddbarry: Just saw Rex Tillerson at Best Buy shopping for podcast equipment.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 days ago
- RT @itsgabrielleu: When they let you know what they think of you. I have a name. twitter.com/wsvn/status/97…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 days ago
- RT @gaberutledge: I’ve noticed bigger comedians announce their tours and give them a name so I thought maybe I should too. Hey everybody…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 3 days ago
- As a #Cat owner, this is a typical response of blind entitlement. You have been warned. twitter.com/RayMarkAble1/s…-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 2 weeks ago
- RT @DutchWthrvn: Immigrants are staying in their countries and your shitty boss owned by shareholders is giving them your jobs. Dumbfucks.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 2 weeks ago