1/4tsp Baking Soda
1/4tsp Sea salt (It’s all the rage)
2Tbsp whey protein powder (the more grass-fed/organic/isolated the better), vanilla is best
2 eggs (from the closest thing to “homeless” chickens as possible)
1 pretty ripe banana
1Tbsp Almond or (GASP) Peanut butter
2Tbsp coconut flour
- First, get your family far away from you so you can get some head-space and just make some awesome pancakes for them. Usually they just slow down everything you’re doing.
- Throw the ‘nana, nut butter, eggs into a bowl and beat ’em til smooth. That’s what I did. You can do it differently but don’t bitch if it sucks.
- Sift in the protein powder, give it a couple turns.
- Sift in the salt, baking soda, and coconut flour. Turn ’em til smooth. Maybe beat it again to smooth it up.
- Smoooooooth. Ya feel me?
- Let it sit a bit, get all together.
- Heat a pan up to just-past the mid-point on the burner.
- Ideally you’re dropping some coconut oil in that hot pan til it melts. Swirl it all around, coat that pan like the back of a Summer fling on a Tahitian beach resort chaaaaaise. Smooth.
- Then drop some of that batter in there and PAY ATTENTION! The high-fat content will get the cakes browning up pretty quickly so don’t get yourself in a burned cake mode. Try a test cake, drop like a quarter-sized dollop in there, see how it goes.
- Taste test! How’s it? Good!
- Now you can do what comes naturally when making cakes. Do it up. Make a few big ones. Make a couple little ones.
- Enjoy. Feel the power.
Fat: good for you and enough
Carbs: just a bit, maybe like 50g total if you eat the whole batch yourself
Fiber: 8g or so
Protein: like 30g or so.
I’m sure a strict Paleotian is preparing a response to this and getting their crossfit shorts in a wad, but please remember:
I’M NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD OF PALEO EATING THROUGH ONE RECIPE THAT WORKED OUT WELL FOR ME AND MADE MY KIDS FORGET ABOUT REGULAR PANCAKES. Also, eat sh*t.
Don’t feed the trolls, feed your beast.